If you are in the market for another mini excavator, you should really check out this extremely versatile and brand new design of mini excavator from Yanmar. The SV40 was officially introduced at ConExpo 2020. We have some of these available at select branches to view and evaluate for yourself. Here are 5 things that make this a great choice for just about any small to medium excavation contractor, utility contractor, and landscape contractor.
- Size Matters: The SV40 falls right into one of the most popular sizes of mini excavators in North America. According to industry shipment data, the 4-5 ton class mini accounts for about 18-20% of the total mini excavator market. Many brands of mini excavators still don’t offer this size machine and the SV40 is a very strong product offering for Yanmar. Weighing in at only 9,515 lbs, the SV40 weight is ideal because it falls under 10K lbs, keeping the total combined truck, trailer, and load under 26,000 lbs (GVWR), which in most areas of the U.S., is the legal weight before requiring a driver to have a CDL. This can save contractors lots of money in transportation costs. Contractors benefit from larger bucket capacity, longer digging reach, and improved stability, as compared to smaller 3.5-ton class machines.
- More For Your Money: Yanmar’s are packed with great features that make them a special value. This new SV40 is no exception. The machine can be equipped with dual auxiliary circuits for two-way attachment control and thumb control or a rotation circuit if needed. It also includes proportional attachment controls on the joysticks, lever-activated dozer blade control, a standard-equipped hydraulic quick coupler, protective cylinder covers on the boom, arm and bucket cylinders for added durability, a versatile swing boom design, and an ultra-tight tail swing for working in very tight places. Larger foot pedals for added convenience, and other ergonomic cab improvements like a newly-designed control console, offer improved operator space and comfort. Open ROPS canopy and fully enclosed cab models with A/C are both available. The SV40 can be equipped with a straight blade or an optional 4-way or 6-way blade, for improved grading.
- Industry-leading Auxiliary Pump Flow For Attachments: The Yanmar SV40, like other Yanmar mini excavators, is known for having plenty of available auxiliary pump flow for hydraulic attachments. Yanmar’s unique 3-pump design uses the combined flow from two pumps to provide industry-leading auxiliary flow, to allow operators more variety when it comes to attachments. The SV40 has 24.5 GPM at 3,553 psi available for double-acting auxiliary hydraulic attachments – by far the best in its class.
- Easy To Service, Track, And Maintain With Smart Assist: Like all new Yanmar minis from the ViO25-6A through the SV100-2A, the SV40 is standard-equipped with Yanmar’s exclusive Smart Assist telematics system. Smart Assist remote monitors the machine 24/7 and provides precise tracking of location, work hours, engine codes, and much more.
- Best Warranty In The Business: Yanmar has the BEST WARRANTY in the business. 4 YEARS OR 4,000 HOURS FULL MACHINE WARRANTY. This is a true factory ‘bumper-to-bumper’ warranty. This program covers all elements of the machine, excluding standard maintenance procedures, or wear items such as undercarriage tracks and pins.
CLICK TO VIEW: YANMAR SV40 SPECIFICATIONS